Aspen Skiing Company Sous Chef in Aspen, Colorado
The Sous Chef’s (Overtime Eligible Manager) responsibility is to assist the Chef with daily restaurant operations. This position will require full coverage of the Chef’s responsibilities during their absence.
Essential Job Functions
• Responsible for the safe handling of food product according to applicable health codes and laws
• Maintain and promote proper food safety and handling protocol.
• Maintain a safe & clean work environment.
• Coordinate the arrival and storage of incoming product.
• Complete and assign daily production and preparation lists.
• Contribute to the creation of fresh and innovative daily specials.
• Work as an active participant on the service line as required, prepping and serving food items according to chef specifications
• Communicate with restaurant management as needed to provide menu and pricing information.
• Communicate with Chef regarding the daily inventory and ordering process.
• Assist Chef with financial, scheduling and ordering responsibilities as required.
• Oversee daily kitchen closing and cleaning procedures to include walk-ins and freezers.
• Responsible for all aspects of the restaurant in the Chef’s absence.
• Complete and submit an accurate monthly inventory.
• Act as a coach to address any performance issues and document the same.
• Responsible for proper payroll procedure
• Other duties as assigned
• Culinary degree preferred
• 3 years of progressive experience in a culinary environment with guest service
• Ability to positively lead and motivate a team
• Competent with computer programs such as Microsoft Office
• Knowledge of purchasing
• Ability to communicate and follow oral or written directions in English is required
• ServSafe or similar food safety course certification is preferred
• Excellent written and spoken English, Spanish is an advantage
• Ability to ski or ride at an intermediate level is required for employees of ski in/ski out restaurants in winter
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to wet or humid conditions (non-weather) and work near moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; outdoor weather conditions and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Peripheral vision, Depth perception and Ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to talk or hear.
A physical assessment (Work Ready) is required for certain positions.
Skiing or Snowboarding is required for certain positions in winter.