The Salvation Army After School Program & Day Camp Lead in Aurora, Colorado
07105 ASP Leader 08.24.18
After School Program & Day Camp Lead
The Salvation Army Aurora Corps – Aurora,
Scope of Position:
The After-School Program Leader assists the On-Site Program Director in operating of the Corps after school and summer program. This includes maintaining the Divisional standards, as well as having direct, daily involvement with the students. The Program Leader
also may be assigned several different responsibilities by the On-Site Program Director depending on the needs of the program and their skill set. Some of those may include assessing inventory needs, administering proper record keeping, securing parental permissions,
outcome documentation, facilitating program components, and sustaining specific health and safety standards. The Program Leader is intended to be the ‘right-hand person’ of the On-Site Program Director. Demonstrate a passion for working with children in a
• Minimally eighteen years of age and demonstrate an ability to work with children. Program Leaders must have at least three months full-time or equivalent part-time verifiable experience with school-age children.
• Must submit fingerprints, and certifications in First Aid, CPR, Medication Administration, and Universal Precautions, as well as additional certifications for State Licensing
• Assist with the after-school and summer programming where needed; assisting with supervision, guidance, and caring for children in an educational, enrichment and recreational setting thus demonstrating the ability to be a team player.
• This position will often provide leadership support to Corps ministry components that are integrated into the after-school and summer program.
• Child care licensure compliance
• Provide encouraging instruction to students during group activities.
• Assist the Director or Group Leader in the planning, teaching of lessons, homework support, and activities.
• Developing partnerships with parents and responsive relationships with children.
• Maintaining a safe environment and reporting all issues to the Director
• Any other tasks as assigned by leadership.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure
is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41