Vivage Senior Living Communities Housekeeping Assistant in Aurora, Colorado
- Are you naturally good at effectively communicating with others?
- Do you like to deliver high quality service?
- Are you an individual who enjoys managing multiple things at one time?
- Does it excite you to be a part of a team who helps and cares for others? At Vivage, we’re recognized as a national leader driving high quality service innovation for seniors and value for our investors. Vivage Senior Living is the combined entity of two established Colorado senior housing and post-acute healthcare leaders: Quality Life Management and Piñon Management. Vivage” means celebrating aging” inspiring our focus to create innovative and customer-driven models filled with personalized and meaningful living experiences.
We are a senior health care, solution driven company which provides right care….. right place…..right time. Our Mission, Vision and Pillars of Commitment have come from our collective personal awareness and professional dedication to the importance of each person we serve, each employee we work with, and each business partner we have. At Vivage we bridge today’s healthcare opportunities with innovative strategies and solutions.
THE ADVANTAGE OF WORKING WITH US
Engaging Culture Competitive Pay Growth Opportunities Great Benefits Family Environment – Payactiv
OVERVIEW OF THE ROLE:
The Housekeeper will perform the day-to-day activities of the housekeeping department in accordance with current federal, state, and local standards, guidelines, and regulations governing the community. The person in this position will ensure the community is maintained in a clean, safe, and comfortable manner. The person holding this position is delegated the responsibility for carrying out the assigned duties and responsibilities in accordance with current and existing federal and state regulations and established company policy and procedures.
- Clean/polish furnishing, fixtures, ledges, room heating/cooling units, etc., in resident rooms and recreational areas daily as instructed
- Clean, wash, sanitize, and/or polish bathroom fixtures
- Clean windows/mirrors in resident rooms, recreational areas, bathrooms, and entrance/exit ways
- Clean floors, to include sweeping, dusting, damp/wet mopping, stripping, waxing, buffing, disinfecting, etc.
- Clean carpets, to include vacuuming, shampooing, deodorizing, and disinfecting,
- Clean walls and ceiling by washing, wiping, dusting, spot cleaning, disinfecting, deodorizing, etc.
- Remove dirt, dust, grease, film, etc. from surfaces using proper cleaning/disinfecting solutions
- Clean hallways, stairways, and elevators
- Discard waste/trash into proper containers and reline trash receptacles with plastic liner
- Clean work/supply carts, equipment, etc. as necessary and directed
- Perform terminal cleaning procedures, as instructed, when a resident is discharged, and/or transferred
Assure that work/cleaning procedures schedules are followed as closely as practical Housekeeping Duties:
Seek new methods and principles and incorporate them into housekeeping practices
- Maintain appearance of housekeeping areas in a safe, clean, and comfortable manner
- Perform assigned day-to-day housekeeping functions
- Perform specific tasks in accordance with daily work assignments and established housekeeping procedures
- Assure that assigned work areas are maintained in a clean, safe, comfortable and attractive manner
- Assure that work/assignment areas are clean and that equipment, tools, supplies, etc. are properly stored at all times, including before leaving such areas for breaks, meal times, and end of the work day
- Assure that an adequate inventory or housekeeping supplies are maintained
- Report burned out light bulbs, exit lights, overhead lights, fluorescent lights, room-call lights, etc., to the supervisor as soon as practical
Keep work/assignment areas free of hazardous objects, such as protruding mop/broom handles, unnecessary equipment, supplies, etc. Quality Standard Duties:
Ensures established infection control practices are maintained when performing housekeeping measures
- Follow established safety precautions when performing tasks and using equipment and supplies
- Report all hazardous conditions or equipment
- Follow established fire-safety policies and procedures
- Report all accidents/incidents to the supervisor
Maintain the confidentiality of resident-care information Department Duties:
Assist others in lifting heavy equipment, supplies, etc., as directed or requested
- Honor resident’s personal property
- Turn in all found articles to the supervisor
- Attend departmental and staff meetings
Attend and participate in in-service education classes and on-the-job training programs SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
Properly use supplies and maintain equipment; follow written and oral instructions concerning the mixture of cleaning compounds, liquids, cleaning instruction, etc. Understands proper use of personal protective equipment (PPE) EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
High School Diploma or GED (preferred)
- One-year experience in a health care facility (preferred)
Vivage is an Equal Opportunity Employer.