Anthem Memory Care Prep Cook in Aurora, Colorado
Anthem Memory Care is guided by a single purpose: To engage, protect, and love people living with memory loss. We are committed to sustaining a safe, active, and loving environment; to give our families peace of mind; to be patient, seeking to understand those living with memory loss; to provide each Anthem team member the opportunity for personal and professional growth, and to be respectful, trustworthy, and good stewards in all we do.:::
GENERAL STATEMENT OF POSITION:
Maintains efficient performance in food preparation in the dietary department and ensures adequate follow through of job duties as outlined by supervisor. Complies with federal, state and local standards for facility operation. Follows policies and procedures, assures good public relations and employee moral. Communicates with facility personnel in a positive, motivational and appropriate manner. Ensures supportive environment for residents and staff.
REPORTS TO: Dining Services Director:
The following duties are normal for this position. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
- Explains policies and procedures to staff, residents, visitors’ etc.
- Responsible for performance of job tasks as outlined by management. Accepts constructive criticism and redirection and addresses need for improvement in a timely manner.
- Responsible to ensure that co-workers complete all tasks on shift. Provides positive leadership that promotes safe, efficient operation of department when supervisor is not present, unless otherwise indicated.
- Communicates with co-workers in a positive and supportive manner. Ensures compliance of Assisted Living Facility with federal, state and local standards.
- Willing to promote safe work environment for self and all other staff.
- Incorporates staff compliance in facility safety program including Fire and Disaster training.
- Meets with supervisor on a regular basis. Attend all mandatory staff meetings.
- Discuss any departmental concerns, problems and possible solutions in a constructive manner to the Dining Services Director.
- Participates in Food Service meetings when on duty. Offer possible solutions to presented concerns/complaints in a positive and constructive manner. Forwards any issues that require management review to supervisor and/ or manager.
- Keep currents on all resident diets and special requests.
- Follows menus as designed by Dining Services Director. Ensures that residents who are on special diets are offered their dietary option as directed by themselves, their physician or family members.
- Reports any refusals of resident to comply with their diet.
- Prepares all food as outlined by menu and ensures appropriate and appetizing presentation of food items. Responsible to address food complaints immediately if possible and offer alternatives as necessary .
- Ensures legible communication between co-workers and other staff in department and facility communications books.
- Ensures appropriate use and up keep of any equipment and directs repair and replacement of faulty equipment when necessary.
- Maintains working relationship with state department of health and other agencies in the community.
- Represents the facility in dealing with outside agencies including governmental representatives.
- Assists maintenance of supplies and proper storage of supplies.
- Assists personnel and residents in establishing a home-like atmosphere.
- Incorporates choice, dignity, independence, individuality and privacy into job performance on a daily basis. Encourages staff to uphold the same principles.
- Assists marketing staff in selling apartments.
- Maintains good personal appearance and adheres to dress code as outlined in the employee manual.
- All other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
- Knowledge of, Federal and State regulations on safe food handling and sanitation techniques.
- Must possess the ability to interpret written and oral communication as well the ability to follow
- recipes. Ability to read, write and follow written and oral instructions in the English language.
- Must keep abreast of changes in the Assisted Living Facility industry.
One or more years experience in preparation and delivery of nutritional food. CERTIFICATION AND CLEARANCE REQUIREMENTS:
Serve Safe Certification or State approved safe food handling certification
- Criminal record clearance or criminal record exemption, as required by law
- Health evaluation to ensure ability to perform duties of the position and the absence of any communicable disease, including tuberculosis and CXR clearance.