Arapahoe County Various Open Custodial Positions in Aurora, Colorado
*Notice: This position is "Continuous" We will be interviewing candidates on an on-going basis and therefore this posting will be closed once all candidates are selected. If you are interested in this job, do not wait to apply!* **
Arapahoe County - Colorado's First in so many ways!
The Custodian performs a variety of duties associated with the cleaning and maintaining of Arapahoe County grounds and facilities.
Great entry level positions, no experience is necessary!
The anticipated hiring salary range is $12.23 – 14.00 per hour.
Typically scheduled work hours are: Varying hours
We are currently seeking a custodian in the following region of Arapahoe County: Multiple Regions of Arapahoe County.
Arapahoe County offers a competitive, comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, retirement, vacation, sick, 12 public holidays, and more! Please follow the link to review!
The following duty statements are illustrative of the essential functions of the job and do not include other non-essential or marginal duties that may be required. The County reserves the right to modify or change the duties or essential functions of this position at any time.
Performs a variety of duties involving the maintaining and cleaning of Arapahoe County facilities. Essential functions include:
- Emptying, cleaning and sanitizing waste receptacles and removing debris.
- Cleaning and sanitizing restroom facilities and fixtures; replenishing restroom supplies.
- Sweeping, mopping, and/or vacuuming hard or carpeted floors.
- Washing windows, mirrors and walls.
- Cleaning air vents, window shades, and blinds
- Dusting and polishing furniture, woodwork, fixtures, and equipment.
- Moving furniture and equipment in the line of performing normal custodian functions.
- Scrubbing/stripping and refinishing hard floors using a combination of mechanized and manual techniques.
- Cleaning carpets utilizing various industry standard practices.
- Cleaning light lenses and replacing lights as necessary.
- Preparing and monitoring rooms for conferences and meetings and securing afterwards (may include some weekend work).
- Providing Laundry services as necessary
- May monitor contractor activity while in County facilities. Will lock and un-lock buildings at the start and end of each business day.
- Responding to on-site inquiries from the public and help resolve custodian services requests.
- Identifying and reporting building maintenance needs as necessary.
- Performs other duties as assigned. Requirements
Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- Ability to effectively communicate in English language, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to perform physical tasks as assigned.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with superiors and fellow co-workers.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to operate buffer and other mechanized cleaning equipment.
- Ability to read at a standard high school level, enabling comprehension of warning labels and written instructions. Behavioral Competencies: Service First
Excellent Quality Responsive Government Visionary Thinking Innovation Caring Leadership Effective Communication Fiscal Responsibility Integrity Respect for Others Safety Teamwork
_Education and Experience: _
High School diploma or GED Equivalency Pre-Employment Additional Requirements:
Must successful pass pre-employment testing which includes a motor vehicle record (MVR) check, background check, physical capabilities examination and drug screen.
Possession of a valid Class "R" Colorado Driver's License or the ability to obtain one within two weeks of appointment. Post-Employment Requirements:
Requires post-hire fingerprinting, a CBI background check and successfully completing bi-annual Colorado Justice Information System training.
- Position is deemed essential and incumbents must be available for winter storm emergencies and available to work on an on-call on a rotation basis which requires evening, holidays and weekends.
- Must be able to work nights and weekends on a full-time basis.
- Work locations and facilities are subject to change based on business needs. Supplemental Information
Work is generally performed indoors and requires exposure to dust, fumes and chemical cleaners. Specific assignments may require occasional outdoor work.
_PHYSICAL DEMANDS: _
The following are some of the physical demands commonly associated with this position.
- Operates 120 lbs. floor buffer requiring pushing, pulling and occasional lifting with help to strip and wash floors.
- Constantly stands, walks, stoops, bends and reaches.
- Occasionally lifts awkward, bulky and/or heavy objects, up to 60 pounds from ground level to waist or higher. Uses team lifting for objects weighing over 50 lbs.
- Uses cart, dolly, or other equipment to carry in excess of 50 lbs.
- Occasionally climbs, stoops, kneels, balances, reaches, crawls and crouches while performing office or work duties.
- Verbal and auditory capacity enabling interpersonal communication through automated devices, such as telephones, radios, and similar; and interpersonal interactions.
- Constant use of eye, hand and finger coordination while using custodial equipment.
- Visual capacity enabling constant use of equipment.
- Physical capacity to safely operate County machinery.
Occasionally: Activity exists less than 1/3 of the time. Frequently: Activity exists between 1/3 and 2/3 of the time. Constantly: Activity exists more than 2/3 of the time.
Must wear provided task appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE). Occasional exposure to blood borne pathogens, use of various types of cleaning equipment (vacuums, buffers, burnishers, auto scrubbers, pressure washers, etc.), occasional exposure to the cold. Occasional use of hand/power tools.
Salary: $12.23 - $14.00 Hourly
Location: Location TBD, CO
Job Type: Full-time
Department: Facilities and Fleet Management
Job Number: 03435
Agency: Arapahoe County
Address: 5334 S. Prince Street Littleton, Colorado, 80120
Phone: (303) 636-1729