Wyndham Destinations 2018/2019 Ski Season Cook - The Charter at Beaver Creek by Wyndham Vacation Rentals in Beaver Creek, Colorado
The Cook will be responsible for providing excellent guest service as it pertains to the food and beverage outlets of resort. He/She will promptly complete food orders and prepare food ensuring quality. He/she will maintain the company’s expected high quality standards and will follow all safety protocols as dictated by company policy and maintain Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) standards at all times.
Essential Job Functions
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
1. Prepare food orders in a timely and consistent fashion; promptly greet guests in a friendly and professional manner. Ensure orders are taken accurately and completely Offer ideas and suggestions to guests when ordering. Ensure the packaged products are stocked, maintain cleanliness of all food and beverage areas, assist in preparation of food orders, (35% time)
2. Maintain positive guest, owner and associate relationships: Respond appropriately to guest inquiries and concerns to ensure total guest satisfaction. Resolve guest issues to resolution in effort to improve the guest experience and escalate any outstanding guest inquiries or concerns to management that may require additional monitoring or follow-up. Make appropriate service recovery recommendations. Promote team work and quality service through daily communications and coordination with other departments. (35% time)
3. Ensure compliance with: Internal Audit, Quality Assurance, Loss Prevention, Resort Operating Procedures, Guest Service Department Operating Procedures, and Standard Operating Procedures. Ensure that all food handling processes are followed at all times along with kitchen safety standards. (15% time)
4. Cultivate a “Count On Me” Culture: Continuously exhibit the company’s Count on Me philosophy; be responsive to the needs of our guests, associates and all we come into contact with on the job, be respectful in every way; deliver a great experience. (10% time)
5. Performs other duties as needed (5% time)
Minimum Requirements and Qualifications
• High School diploma or equivalent
b) Training requirements
• Food handling training
• OSHA training for kitchen
c) Knowledge and skills
• Organizational Skills..
• Acquires job skills and learns company policies and procedures to complete routine tasks.
• Ability to read and comprehend routine instructions, short correspondence and memos.
• Ability to give high priority to customer service.
• Ability to solve problems with a minimum of supervision.
• Ability to read, write and understand English.
• Must maintain a professional appearance and a Can-Do, positive attitude towards all guests and staff.
• Ability to multi-task and work in a fast paced environment.
• Must be people oriented and able to work independently or with others as needed.
• Must be detail oriented.
d) Technical Skills
• Basics to complex kitchen equipment
• Small appliances and kitchen tools knowledge
• Basic knowledge of inventory and rotation of food
e) Job experience
• 6 months to 1 year of food service experience preferred or
• 1 year of customer service experience in service or retail environment
Unless there is a legal requirement, experience will be accepted for the education requirement.