Golden West Communities, Inc. Mezzanine Server in Boulder, Colorado
If you are looking for a position that is more than a paycheck, please consider working for Golden West - a non-profit organization making a difference in the lives of older adults. We have been providing affordable housing and services for seniors in Boulder for over 50 years!:
Now hiring full-time and part-time:
7 am - 2 pm and 4:30 pm - 7:30 pm Sunday - Saturday:
This position exists, as part of the Dining Services team, to ensure the delivery of a quality dining experience for the residents of the Mezzanine. The servers are responsible for the meal service, set up and clean up of the dining rooms and kitchenettes.
- Must be able to follow written and verbal instructions
- Must be able to work independently
- Must display a positive attitude and take direction well.
- Must be able to lift 45 lbs., push/ pull up to 100 lbs.
- Must be able to stand and walk for at least 60 minutes at a time and bend, twist, turn and kneel as needed to complete accountabilities.
Ability to reach up and out with arms, and have finger, hand and wrist dexterity and strength needed to complete accountabilities, such as reaching up and out with arms, grasping with hands/fingers and wrist twisting/turning. PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES:
Work as a productive member of the Dining Services team, maintaining a positive, courteous, helpful and professional attitude to all customers, including but not limited to residents, family members and guests, staff , vendors and other individuals encountered while representing Golden West.
- Maintain an acceptable attendance record. Clock in and out according to scheduled shift times, using the time clock to record all time and in compliance with time and attendance policies and procedures.
- Be in uniform and prepared to begin work by the scheduled start time of each shift.
- Be familiar with and follow all personnel and safety rules and procedures.
- Regularly attend all staff and department meetings, in-services and trainings.
- Work as a team with all other members of Dining Services and in coordination with Mezzanine staff to complete the following tasks per department procedures to provide a quality dining experience for the residents in the Mezzanine:
- Serve meals, starter, entrée and dessert, to the residents in the Mezzanine dining rooms. Includes dishing up food from the steam wells and serving meals that come up from the kitchen already plated.
- Stock Mezzanine dining rooms with supplies as needed for meals
- Set tables in the Mezzanine for meals as per schedule
- Prepare fruit dishes for Mezzanine meals
- Assist with the plating of Mezzanine meals, as needed and requested
- Wash Mezzanine dishes, flatware and glasses using dish machine, ensure all dishes are clean and put away after each meal
- Collect and return all dirty pans to main kitchen
- Secure Towers dining room and kitchen at end of each evening shift. This includes locking all internal and external doors to the dining room and kitchen.
- Deliver and assist with set-up for caterings and Special Events
- All other duties as assigned by supervisor.