Wyndham Destinations General Manager, Resort Operations - BlueSky by Wyndham Vacation Rentals in Breckenridge, Colorado
General Manager, Resort Operations
The General Manager, Resort Operations will provide leadership and be responsible for ensuring all relationships with our guests, owners, vendors, associates and board members are maintained positively and professionally. You will be responsible for the financial stability of the resort and demonstrate the analytical ability to grasp the data and the impact to the resort. You would be responsible for executing the overall resort operations goals while maintaining the integrity of Wyndham Destinations service standards.
Essential Job Functions
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
1. Responsible for maintaining the overall operation of the resort: oversee operational department and vendor operations, demonstrate a passion and understanding of company goals, ensure your site meets all standards by performing daily audits and inspections, execute the operations of all outlets including fitness centers, food and beverage and activities, Identify process improvements and best practices, ensure all compliance standards and audits are met, execute strategic goals, participate/facilitate committee and team projects. (30% time)
2. Maintain positive Customer and associate relationships: Embrace and exhibit the highest level of ethics and integrity consistent with Wyndham standards, demonstrate an ability to motivate and communicate expectations with humility and respect, exercise the ability to attract and retain talent by engaging and showing a genuine passion to develop others, partner with support departments to ensure standards of conduct for associates as well as compliance, be a change agent for the company. (25% time)
3. Build and maintain strong working knowledge of HOA relationship: exhibit working knowledge of standards and documents for HOA, understand governing statues and board meeting procedures, ensure all contracts negotiated on behalf of the HOA are presented in correct legal fashion and vetted prior to implementation. (10% time)
4. Manage and support all financial aspects of the resort: review monthly P and L reports, work with location accounting partners to ensure compliance, participate in budget review for each department (HOA & WVR), review and respond to variances, ensure the site meets all IA standards. (30% time)
5. Performs other duties as needed. (5% time)
Wyndham Destinations believes in putting the world on vacation. Our global presence in 110 countries at more than 220 vacation ownership resorts and 4,300+ affiliated exchange properties distinguishes Wyndham Destinations as the world’s largest vacation ownership and exchange company, with North America’s largest professionally managed rental business. Every year 3.5 million families entrust us with their vacation dreams. As the world’s largest vacation company, Wyndham Destinations provides access to unlimited possibilities to inspire your next
vacation – or your next career. Each year our team of 25,000 associates delivers great vacations to millions of families as they make memories of a lifetime. Learn how you can join us on your career journey by visiting careers.wyndhamdestinations.com at http://careers.wyndhamdestinations.com/ . Our world is your destination.
Minimum Requirements and Qualifications
• BA/BS degree preferred
• Hospitality certifications preferred
• Associate Governance preferred
b) Training requirements
• Hospitality certifications preferred
• CMCA preferred
• CPR preferred
• Colorado DORA CAM license – required (or able to obtain in first 90 days)
c) Knowledge and skills
• Working knowledge of hospitality departments: front office, maintenance, Housekeeping and food and beverage
• Ability to work under pressure and deadlines
• Professional appearance and standards at all times
• Positive, motivating attitude ensuring a productive environment
• Strong Leadership ability: motivate, change, and lead others to success
• Proven track of ethical leadership and integrity
• Ability to problem solve and use good judgment
d) Technical Skills
• PC skills
• Microsoft Office: Word, excel, etc.
e) Job experience
• Three to five years of property/hotel management experience required.
• Mixed use experience a plus
Unless there is a legal requirement, experience will be accepted for the education requirement.