City of Colorado Springs Museum Visitor Services Specialist (Museum Customer Specialist) in Colorado Springs, Colorado
Description / Position Overview
Read why COS is '#2 Best Places to Live - 2018'**
This position cannot be filled prior to January 1, 2019.
*Learn about the City of Colorado Springs as an employer and what our beautiful city has to offer as a place to live and work by clicking on the following links: *http://www.choosecoloradosprings.com/
This information may change annually.
Museum Visitor Services Specialist
In this position, you will help visitors have the best possible experience during their time at the Colorado Springs Pioneers Museum. You will also support the museum's wide variety of public engagement efforts.
Essential Job Functions - the basic job duties an employee must be able to perform:
- Provide excellent customer service in orienting visitors to the site; ensure museum safety and security protocols are followed
- Provide visitor orientation; ensure accessibility to the site for individuals with special needs; and proactively make suggestions how visitors can best interact with exhibits and programs
- Maintain knowledge of museum exhibits, programs, and scheduling
- Record visitation data
- Implement work orders; ensure timely set-up and clean-up for meetings, rentals, and facility use activities, including caterer and equipment deliveries
- Provide support for after-hours programs and facility rental
- Respond to in-person and phone inquiries; direct these questions to the appropriate staff
- Assist volunteers with recording hours using the online database
Oversee the work of security contractors, including patrol officers and alarm companies We are looking for candidates who demonstrate:
Knowledge of modern office technology
- Knowledge of proper English usage, spelling, punctuation, and grammar
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, orally and in writing
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (especially Word, Excel, and Outlook)
Excellent organizational and customer service skills Successful candidate will have:
A high school diploma or GED
- One year of full-time clerical or related support experience
Possess and maintain a valid, non-probationary Colorado driver's license not subject to restriction related to alcohol and/or drug violations or pending charges Ideal candidates will also have:
Experience using modern alarm systems
- Experience working in a museum or similar setting
- Experience providing information and direction to small and large groups of people
- Experience using Cervis database system Additional Information
This job announcement is not intended to include a complete listing of all responsibilities, knowledge, skills, and abilities associated with the position.
Please visit https://coloradosprings.gov/jobs and click on 'Apply for a City Career' > 'City Career Postings – Apply Now' button to complete an online application. All job applicants will need to create a new login and online application (unless you already have a NEOGOV/governmentjobs.com user ID and password).
Completing your application in full, including the entire work experience section, will assist Human Resources (HR) in the applicant screening process. Your application may not be considered if all of the information requested for each employer you list is not provided.
Our NEOGOV application system does not allow you to edit your application after it has been submitted for a position. If you want to make changes, you may submit another application prior to the position's closing date and time listed in the job posting. HR will review the last application you submit for a position.
To view the City's job classifications and descriptions, go to https://www.coloradosprings.gov/human-resources/page/job-classifications-descriptions.
To view the status of your application, go to http://agency.governmentjobs.com/cosprings/default.cfm.
To be notified of future career opportunities, go to http://coloradosprings.gov/jic
If hired, you will be required to provide proof of your eligibility to work in the United States.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Salary: $2,978.00 - $3,575.00 Monthly
Location: Recreation and Cultural Services - City of Colorado Springs, CO
Job Type: Full-time
Department: Parks, Rec & Cultural Svc
Job Number: 13066
Closing: 12/25/2018 4:00 PM Mountain
Agency: City of Colorado Springs
Address: 30 South Nevada Avenue, Suite 301 Colorado Springs, Colorado, 80903
Phone: 719-385-5456 719-385-5456