The Salvation Army Program Team in Colorado Springs, Colorado
07025 PT ASP Leader 7.26
AFTER SCHOOL PROGRAM LEADER
Colorado Springs Corps – Colorado Springs, CO
Scope of Position:
The After-School Program Leader assists the On-Site Program Director in operating of the Corps after school and summer program. This part-time position includes maintaining the Divisional standards, as well as having direct, daily involvement with the students.
The goal of the Before/After School Kids Program is for the child placed in our care to develop a strong sense of family values and experience holistic growth (spiritual, emotional and social) that will result in a recognition of who they are in Christ and
will enhance The Salvation Army’s programing. Duties include open communication with parents, keep current on new programs, develop high quality programs to meet the recreational and educational needs of the community, tutor children with their school work,
drop off/pick up children from school in TSA vehicle and transport to Red Shield and to scheduled fieldtrips. The Program Leader is intended to be the ‘right-hand person’ of the On-Site Program Director.
• Minimally 21 years of age with a valid Colorado Driver’s License
• Program Leaders must have at least three months full-time or equivalent part-time verifiable experience with school-age children.
• Must submit fingerprints, and certifications in First Aid, CPR, Medication Administration, and Universal Precautions while maintaining Child Care Licensure compliance
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• Assist with the after-school and summer programming where needed; assisting with supervision, guidance, and caring for children in an educational, enriching and recreational setting leading to building positive self-esteem and responsibility.
• Provide leadership support to Corps ministry components that are integrated into the after-school and summer program.
• Provide encouraging instruction to students during group activities.
• Assist in the planning, teaching of lessons, homework support, and activities to include art, cooking, structured gym and physical activities.
• Develop partnerships with parents and responsive relationships with children.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure
is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41