City of Commerce City Golf Shop Assistant I in Commerce City, Colorado
The City of Commerce City would like to thank you for your continued interest.
**To do our part and help slow the spread of the COVID-19 virus, we have temporarily suspended the recruitment process for all positions. You will receive further communication if you are chosen to interview or move forward in our recruitment process once the City of Commerce City is ready to resume recruitment.
While we understand that you may be actively seeking employment with a number of other agencies or companies, we are hopeful that you will continue to keep the City of Commerce City in mind in the coming days and weeks as it relates to employment.**
The City of Commerce City is working with local, state, and federal partners to provide accurate information about the Coronavirus (COVID-19) to the public. For more information, please visit: https://www.c3gov.com/living-in/police-public-safety/safety-prevention/covid-19-coronavirus-information
Under the supervision of the Head Golf Professional and guidance of the First Assistant Golf Professional the Golf Shop Assistant I is responsible for general merchandise and point of sale related tasks in the golf shop including booking tee times, greeting and checking in guests, maintaining golf shop displays and promoting the golf course programs and services. Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist with opening and closing the golf shop, cart barn and overall golf course.
- Must be able to work a variety of shifts including early mornings, weekends, midday, and evening shifts.
- Assist in the daily coordination of the golf course play and practice range operation
- Enforces all golf course policies
- Knows and follows all the golf shop procedures accurately and consistently
- Conducts oneself professionally on the telephone and at all times in the work areas.
- Assists with booking tee times, greeting customers, and answering telephones.
- Assists in facilitating emergency action procedures for the clubhouse and golf course at times of severe weather or other times of emergency.
- Demonstrates safe work habits with awareness of co-worker and public safety.
- Checks and cleans all golf shop areas and areas of the clubhouse and surrounding grounds at times.
- Provides a high level of customer service and hospitality to all guests at all times.
- Assists with set up, execution and breakdown of course programs and tournament operations as requested.
- Assists other golf operations staff members as needed.
- Drive City Vehicles both on and of the golf course premises.
- Complies with City and departmental rules, regulations, policies, and procedures
- Exhibits flexibility, creativity, and efficiency in performing work assignments
- Serves the community with courteous, tactful and respectful actions toward citizens, customers, and co-workers
- Communicates clearly, honestly, and timely to supervisors and co-workers at all levels
Works effectively in a team environment by completing assignments, adapting to changing circumstances, and respecting diversity Minimum Qualifications
High School/GED Diploma.
- Must be a minimum of 18 years of age.
- Previous experience preferred but not required.
- Must possess a valid Colorado Driver's license or ability to obtain one within 30 days of employment.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Manages Golf Course and City owned tools, equipment, supplies, and resources for the best interest of citizens
- Must be highly motivated and take direction well
- Must be willing to work evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Must possess a basic knowledge of golf and golf course etiquette.
- Understands and responds to customer needs.
- Ability to administer basic first aid and CPR.
- Ability to act quickly and calmly in emergency situations making proper judgments as to the correct course of action.
- Ability to work hours scheduled.
- Ability to work well with culturally diverse people.
- Ability to understand and follow written and oral instructions and procedures.
Equipment Used, Work Environment and Physical Activities
* Driving*: May drive a City or personal vehicle in the normal course of business
Office equipment: Daily use of credit card machines, telephones, calculator, copier, fax and printer
Computer equipment: Daily use of a personal computer, Microsoft Word and Excel, POS/reservation software and other basic software products
Other equipment: Golf Carts, Range Picker, Range ball washer, laminating machine, vacuum, first aid supplies, AED unit
Language skills:Reads and interprets documents, instructions, and manuals; in written material, uses proper spelling, grammar and style; presents information and responds to questions individually and in small groups
Mathematical skills: Basic mathematical skills to perform cash and transactional calculations.
Reasoning ability: Interprets instructions in written, oral, diagram, or schedule format; solves customer service situations and responds appropriately.
Physical activities: May be bending, stooping, squatting, walking standing throughout shift
Lifting: Must be able to lift and carry 50 lbs and climb ladder
* Vision and hearing:* Ability to read a variety of documents and reports such as complaint/compliment forms, various invoices/packing slips, training materials and procedure documents, telephone messages, letters and memoranda; ability to deliver information in a clear and direct manner.
* Exposure to environmental conditions*: Works in various weather conditions where exposure to any of the following may be possible: Sun, rain, hail, wind
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications. Employees are accountable for all duties associated with this position.
Salary: $11.10 - $12.72 Hourly
Location: Commerce City, CO
Job Type: Part-time
Department: Parks, Recreation, & Golf
Job Number: 2019-00021
Agency: City of Commerce City
Address: 7887 E. 60th Avenue Commerce City, Colorado, 80022