POWDR Athletic Club Lead in Copper Mountain, Colorado
Job Title: Athletic Club Lead
Job Status: Regular, 11 months
Start Date: ASAP
The Copper Mountain Athletic Club & Spa provides recreation & relaxation to guests, employees, visitors and locals. Some key areas regarding the facility are:
- Athletic Club Membership & Guest use
- Fitness (Cardio & Strength, Racquetball)
- Aquatics facilities (4 bodies of water -- Pool and 3 hot tubs)
- Spa (Massage, Facial)
- Retail (Merchandise, F&B, Spa products)
- General facilities (Locker rooms, storage spaces & facilities, and offices)
The Athletic Club Lead is responsible for guest & employee satisfaction and ensuring that day-to-day operations are successful. The Lead will assist the Manager with scheduling and meeting or exceeding budgeted targets for labor and expenses. In addition, this role will focus on creating ways to generate business, gain valuable feedback, improve all operations and attempt to grow the business. Previous experience in an athletic club, gym or fitness facility preferred.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Oversee day-to-day operations including scheduling and assisting with the ordering of supplies. Understand business volumes, hire and train new staff. Assist with team meetings and hold regular individual meetings with direct reports. Ensure facility is operating safely and in a clean environment and within the guidelines of all state requirements.
Oversee the Athletic Club desk agents. Review, update and create all required SOP's, training manuals, guides, checklists, employee information areas, pricing sheets, etc. Monitor and restock inventory as needed and assist Manager in making purchasing decisions and ordering supplies. Conduct meetings with staff such as one-on-one's, coaching, hiring, training, and performance appraisals. Handle corrective actions and separations when required. Ensure end of day reports are accurately completed. Be prepared to adjust personal work schedule as needed to accommodate scheduling challenges of other employees.
Guest Service Duties:
Solve immediate problems as they arise with members and guests; promote the highest level of customer service while coaching and training desk agents to do the same.
Other Duties as Assigned:
- This job description is an overview of the scope of responsibilities for this job and is not intended to be an inclusive list of job tasks and expectations. With the evolution of POWDR-Copper, the responsibilities of this position may change. The job must be prepared to accept new responsibilities and transfer others.
- Functions as an ambassador of Copper Mountain, modeling and sharing the Copper "culture" with our guests and employees. Upholds the most professional image. Continually strives to exceed our guest's expectations and create memories for our guests and staff.
- Supervise Athletic Club desk agents -- responsibilities outlined above.
- Is honest and has the highest integrity
- Is able to handle and manage confidential information
- Professional appearance. Adheres to all grooming guidelines and makes sure the team is always looking their best and is comfortable in discussing a lack thereof with other employees
- Follows established policies and procedures
- Is supportive of Core Values
- Sets the example for others and is above reproach
- Is comfortable to challenge established policies and procedures, but once established, is supportive of those rules.
- Is organized in tasks. Sees projects through to the finish. Has good follow-through and makes it a habit of getting back to people on issues.
- Can handle fast paced, potentially high-pressure environment
- Is flexible with hours and days of work
- Is able to work mornings and evenings, any days of the week including weekends and holidays
- Prioritizes and re-prioritizes personal time and work, to have good balance in life
- Candidate will be enthusiastic and approachable with the ability to create a great working atmosphere. Needs to be a creative thinker who can assist with new ways to generate more sales & creates ads. Must have excellent communication, organizational and time management skills, able to handle conflict resolution and is an overall good leader. Follows established policies and procedures. Is supportive of Core Values, initiatives, and general mission to be the best in our industry. Sees projects through to the finish. Has good follow-through and makes it a habit of getting back to people on issues.
- Must be able to lift and carry items up to 50 lbs
- Must be able to stand on feet for long periods of time.
Preferred Experience and Special Skills:
- Prior experience in an Athletic Club, gym and/or Spa preferred as well as prior front desk experience.
- Should be good at handling money and dealing with guest/members.
Copper Mountain, LLC is an affirmative action employer and that age 40 and over, color, disability, gender identity, genetic information, military or veteran status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation or any other applicable status protected by state or local law, are not taken into account in any employment decision. We offer competitive benefits, employee housing, and a unique work atmosphere. All of our job opportunities are located at Copper Mountain Resort in Summit County, Colorado. 90 miles west of Denver, we are situated in the heart of Colorado's playground. All candidates must fill out an application to be considered for employment.
Can you see yourself here - Apply now!
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled