POWDR Bartender in Copper Mountain, Colorado
Job Title: Bartender
Job Status: Seasonal
Compensation and Benefits:
- Compensation: Proposed hiring rate of $9.30 to $9.47+, depending on experience
- Benefits: This is a seasonal position eligible for season pass for employees/dependents and privileges at several other resorts. Several discount programs (i.e. food & beverage, retail/rental, tickets, etc.) also available.
- Distribute drinks and food in the bar.
- To continually strive to exceed guest's expectations
- To help create memories for our guests and staff as the best mountain resort experience again and again
- Standard Operating Procedures will be followed at all time
- Must have the ability to take ownership of the position
- Must always be polite and respectful of our guests and employees
- Must always be on time
- Always acknowledge every guest immediately upon sight
- Observe the four 4 foot rule at all times
- Must be available to our guests and employees at all times
- Promote a fun, safe, sanitary work environment
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate the efficient flow of business through the dining room and bar
- Act as a liaison between bartender, guest, and management
- Support members through teamwork and mutual respect
- Keep bar area clean, keep in bussed and surrounding tables
- Be sure our guests have what they need (menu, water)
- Clean-up as needed
- Answer inquiries from guests
- Make the guest feel welcome
- Engage in small talk
- Smile always
- Clock in for your shift once appearance requirements are met and in uniform.
- Attend daily staff meeting
- Check with Manager for any special events
- Be sure restaurant is ready to open before seating guests
- Be sure bar stations are well equipped and clean (to opening side work)
- Maintain work area, keep it clean and organized
- Perform table and bar maintenance
- Assist in general cleaning of the building
- Check restrooms throughout the day and keep maintained and stocked
- Be sure restaurant is sufficiently stocked with condiments
- Review the shift with MOD
- Greeting and serving guests in a prompt and courteous manner.
- Giving drink and menu descriptions and using suggestive selling techniques to further sales and enhance guest enjoyment.
- Proper cash handling and cash reconciliation
- Tip reporting (as outlined by state and federal law).
- Proper food and beverage service (specific to style of restaurant).
- Tip out (as designated by management/ specific to restaurant).
- Proper sequence of service (specific to individual restaurant).
- Assists with overall restroom cleanliness and duties when needed
Other Duties as Assigned:
- This job description is an overview of the scope of responsibilities for this job and is not intended to be an inclusive list of job tasks and expectations. With the evolution of POWDR-Copper, the responsibilities of this position may change. The job must be prepared to accept new responsibilities and transfer others.
- Functions as an ambassador of Copper Mountain, modeling and sharing the Copper "culture" with our guests and employees. Upholds the most professional image. Continually strives to exceed our guest's expectations and create memories for our guests and staff.
- Is honest and has the highest integrity
- Is able to handle and manage confidential information
- Professional appearance. Adheres to all grooming guidelines
- Follows established policies and procedures
- Is supportive of Core Values
- Sets the example for others and is above reproach
- Is comfortable to challenge established policies and procedures, but once established, is supportive of those rules.
- Is organized in tasks. Sees projects through to the finish. Has good follow-through and makes it a habit of getting back to people on issues.
- Can handle fast paced, potentially high-pressure environment
- Is flexible with hours and days of work
- Is able to work any hours of the day, any days of the week
- Prioritizes and re-prioritizes personal time and work, to have good balance in life
- Must be able to lift and carry items up to 50 lbs. and occasionally and/or up to 20 pounds frequently.
- Ability to be on one's feet for excessive time periods of up to 6hours
- Must be 21 years of age or older
- Must own non-slip shoes
Preferred Experience and Special Skills:
- High School Degree.
- Ability to prioritize, organize and manage multiple projects and tasks simultaneously
- Excellent decision making ability
- Excellent people skills
- Ability to show self-initiative
- Ability to work within a team atmosphere
Copper Mountain, LLC is an affirmative action employer and that age 40 and over, color, disability, gender identity, genetic information, military or veteran status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation or any other applicable status protected by state or local law, are not taken into account in any employment decision. We offer competitive benefits, employee housing, and a unique work atmosphere. All of our job opportunities are located at Copper Mountain Resort in Summit County, Colorado. 90 miles west of Denver, we are situated in the heart of Colorado's playground. All candidates must fill out an application to be considered for employment.
Can you see yourself here - Apply now!
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled