Copper Mountain Resort Bellman in Copper Mountain, Colorado
Job Title: Bellman
Job Status: Seasonal
Assist lodging guests with luggage, fulfill group porterage requests, and provide accurate resort information. A bellman will also be called upon to assist the front desk and other departments with deliveries and room moves. The ideal candidate is personable and guest service focused with prior guest service experience. Custodial duties including but not limited to caring for lobby area, shoveling snow, taking out trash.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Greets guests at Lodging Reception Center
- Directs guests to check in area and answers any questions that they may have.
- Assists guests with their luggage, giving the guest information on the resort as they travel to the room.
- Explains the room and building amenities once in the room. Explains emergency procedures to guest comfort levels if necessary.
- Delivers amenities, packages, messages and other items to rooms when requested.
- Maintains the Lodging vehicles to Copper Mountain standards to create a positive guest experience.
- Maintains a neat and organized bell stand area and lobby/entry way.
- Works with airlines and other modes of transportation when guests have luggage problems, i.e. lost/forgotten bags.
- Work with shipping companies such as FedEx and UPS to track down guest packages and arrange shipment.
- Maintains an overall knowledge of the resort, hours of operation, food suggestions, and special events schedules.
- Ability to lift heavy objects up to 80lb, works in adverse outdoor conditions, push bell carts through snow and ice, and maintain safe work practices.
- Acts as Night Houseman when needed.
- Staffs bell desk as dispatcher, i.e. organize deliveries, answer bell stand telephone calls.
- Assist other departments with deliveries, including heavy objects
- Performs all other job related duties as assigned, .i.e. trash and recycle removal, shovel snow, operate snow blower.
- Complete the daily bellman checklist in a timely manner.
Guest Service Duties:
- As this is a guest service position, the successful candidate(s) will be expected to provide world-class guest service in conjunction with all duties.
Other Duties as Assigned:
- This job description is an overview of the scope of responsibilities for this job and is not intended to be an inclusive list of job tasks and expectations. With the evolution of POWDR-Copper, the responsibilities of this position may change. The job must be prepared to accept new responsibilities and transfer others.
- Functions as an ambassador of Copper Mountain, modeling and sharing the Copper "culture" with our guests and employees. Upholds the most professional image. Continually strives to exceed our guest's expectations and create memories for our guests and staff.
- Is honest and has the highest integrity
- Is able to handle and manage confidential information
- Professional appearance. Adheres to all grooming guidelines
- Follows established policies and procedures
- Is supportive of Core Values
- Sets the example for others and is above reproach
- Is comfortable to challenge established policies and procedures, but once established, is supportive of those rules.
- Is organized in tasks. Sees projects through to the finish. Has good follow-through and makes it a habit of getting back to people on issues.
- Can handle fast paced, potentially high-pressure environment
- Is flexible with hours and days of work
- Is able to work any hours of the day, any days of the week
- Prioritizes and re-prioritizes personal time and work, to have good balance in life
- Able to lift up to 80 lbs.
- Able to stand eight hours a day.
- Willing to work in adverse weather conditions, including rain, ice and snow.
- Must be 23 years or older for insurance coverage
- Must have a valid US driver's license and a clean driving record.
- Due to the sensitive nature of this position, a criminal background check will be conducted after position is accepted. This background check will be done in accordance with standards enacted under the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
- This position may require the use of a motor vehicle and the employee is subject to comply with the Driver's Standards of Copper Mountain
Preferred Experience and Special Skills:
- High School or equivalent required.
- 1-2 years' in a guest service position preferred.
- Able to read, write, and communicate clearly in the English language.
- Must be able to handle stress and maintain professionalism.
Copper Mountain, LLC is an affirmative action employer and that age 40 and over, color, disability, gender identity, genetic information, military or veteran status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation or any other applicable status protected by state or local law, are not taken into account in any employment decision. We offer competitive benefits, employee housing, and a unique work atmosphere. All of our job opportunities are located at Copper Mountain Resort in Summit County, Colorado. 90 miles west of Denver, we are situated in the heart of Colorado's playground. All candidates must fill out an application to be considered for employment.
Can you see yourself here - Apply now!
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled