POWDR Summer Woodward Copper Counselor Foreman in Copper Mountain, Colorado
Job Title: Summer Woodward Copper Counselor Foreman
Job Status: Seasonal
Compensation and Benefits:
- Compensation: Proposed hiring rate of $12.75 to $13.65+, actual pay will be adjusted based on experience.
- Benefits: This is a seasonal position eligible for season pass for employees/dependents and privileges at several other resorts. Several discount programs (i.e. food & beverage, retail/rental, tickets, etc.) also available.
This position will be responsible assisting the Counselor Supervisor in supervision of the Counselor staff as well as the campers on a daily and nightly basis.
The Woodward Copper Summer Camp Counselor Foreman will be responsible for living on site at Copper Mountains to assist counselors in overseeing each group of campers and tending to their unique needs. He / she will have responsibilities including monitoring counselor and camper whereabouts, assisting counselors with campers wake-up and bedtime responsibilities, leading the activities with camper recreation, and ensuring campers' psychological needs are met.
Counselor Foreman will communicate with Logistics Specialist, as well as the campers' coaches and medical staff when necessary, to ensure any physical and psychological needs are attended; e.g., daily medications, challenges in class or room. Camp Counselors will convey important communication to the Logistics Specialist, as well as coaches/day counselor and Athletic Trainer staff when necessary, to ensure campers' needs are foreseen, understood, and dealt with appropriately; e.g., homesickness, peer challenges, overnight issues.
Counselor Foreman will be an integral part of all-around camp life. Counselor Foreperson will be responsible for assisting counselors at any time during his / her shifts. Counselor Foreperson will be responsible for assisting in all aspects of the camp activities; recreational opportunities, skate competitions and any other duties that will benefit the campers during their stay. They will need to assist in implementation of all camp activities from start to finish which includes but not limited; camper sign up, activity setup, prize collection, directing campers to the activities, breakdown of the activity, etc.
Counselor Foreman will also be integral in the serving of camper meals during camp meals, cleaning camp facilities including but not limited to the Barn, the Cage, the EDGE Cafe, EDGE lobby, camper rooms, vehicles, camper rooms, camp laundry, as well as stocking and folding retail merchandise at the Barn and Cage. Counselor Foreperson can assist in the transportation of campers by driving 15 passenger vans. Other duties can include assisting the park crew with summer terrain park maintenance by digging, raking, and moving features.
The Counselor Foreman is a full-time seasonal position. Days and hours may vary but will include weekends and holidays. Must be able to work in all camp environments within a variety of hours. Good written and oral communication skills and team player attitude required. Candidates must be available to work until the end of the summer camp season.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Live with campers in a responsibly, caring way
- Coordinate with all camp programs
- Communicate camper information to supervisory staff in a professional, discreet manner
- Monitor campers' physical whereabouts
- Participate in recreation activities enthusiastically
- Assist in the serving of camper meals during camp meals
- Assist in the cleaning of camp facilities including but not limited to the Barn, the Cage, the EDGE Cafe, EDGE lobby, camper rooms, vehicles, camper rooms, camp laundry, etc.
- Assist in the implementation of all camp activities from purchasing of supplies, to setup of the activities, to running the activity, and wrap of all activities.
- Assist in the scheduling of camp activities based on the daily camp schedule designated by camp management.
- Maintains a positive attitude in an eight to ten hour day, and on stressful high volume days, in order to uphold the highest standard of professionalism (including appearance and behavior at all times) as a member of the Woodward Copper staff.
- Be knowledgeable in all departmental aspects of Woodward Copper policies and procedures, and to be able to perform the frontline duties wherever/whenever required.
- Drive campers safely in a 15 passenger van
- Reports to Counselor Supervisor.
- Counselor Foreman can NOT have a second job within Woodward Copper or Copper Mountain. NO second job as a coach, agent, or any other CM job.
- Exempted from accruing Overtime and also have an EDGE housing deposit of up to $200, $150 returnable deposit with a non-returnable $50 processing fee.
- Assist in organizing daily counselor shifts throughout the Barn and Summer EDGE operations.
- Lead by example in organization and execution of daily camp activities
Guest Service Duties:
- Maintain a positive relationship with Copper Mountain Inc. and Village at Copper employees, parents, public, and other members of the Copper Mountain community
- Assist in the communication of all camp activities via camp message boards in all locations.
- Participate in all camp activities enthusiastically as well as engage camp staff and campers in the activities. Dressing up in costume to be in "character" for activities is required.
- Ability to communicate effectively and motivate kids, teens, adults, and parents.
- Outgoing demeanor and a willingness to act as an ambassador for freestyle snowboarding and skiing, as well as a role model for kids and teens.
Other Duties as Assigned:
- This job description is an overview of the scope of responsibilities for this job and is not intended to be an inclusive list of job tasks and expectations. With the evolution of POWDR-Copper, the responsibilities of this position may change. The job must be prepared to accept new responsibilities and transfer others.
- Functions as an ambassador of Copper Mountain, modeling and sharing the Copper "culture" with our guests and employees. Upholds the most professional image. Continually strives to exceed our guest's expectations and create memories for our guests and staff.
- Number of employees supervised: 16
- Positions Supervised: 2
Scheduling and assigning work
- Salary actions
- Disciplinary actions
- Performance review
- Is honest and has the highest integrity
- Is able to handle and manage confidential information
- Professional appearance. Adheres to all grooming guidelines
- Follows established policies and procedures
- Is supportive of Core Values
- Sets the example for others and is above reproach
- Is comfortable to challenge established policies and procedures, but once established, is supportive of those rules.
- Is organized in tasks. Sees projects through to the finish. Has good follow-through and makes it a habit of getting back to people on issues.
- Can handle fast paced, potentially high-pressure environment
- Is flexible with hours and days of work
- Is able to work any hours of the day, any days of the week
- Prioritizes and re-prioritizes personal time and work, to have good balance in life
- Must be able to lift and carry items up to 50 lbs.
- Due to the sensitive nature of this position, a criminal background check will be conducted after position is accepted. This background check will be done in accordance with standards enacted under the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
- Must have a valid US Driver's License
- High School degree or equivalent
- Bending, reaching, climbing
- Prolonged standing
- Confined sitting
- Eye/hand coordination
- Visual concentration on equipment
- Concentrated reading and writing
- Rapid reaction to physical changes (operating equipment)
- Peripheral, color, and depth vision
- Extended periods of outdoor exposure
- Extreme cold
- Extreme heat and sun exposure
- Variation in temperature from hot to cold
Preferred Experience and Special Skills:
- Minimum 1-2 years' experience working with children required.
- Minimum 1 year guest service experience preferred.
- Previous cleaning experience preferred.
- Minimum 1 year camp experience preferred.
- Previous resort experience in a high volume customer oriented environment preferred.
- Strong communication and organizational skills required.
- Must provide a letter of recommendation and 3 work related references.
Copper Mountain, LLC is an affirmative action employer and that age 40 and over, color, disability, gender identity, genetic information, military or veteran status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation or any other applicable status protected by state or local law, are not taken into account in any employment decision. We offer competitive benefits, employee housing, and a unique work atmosphere. All of our job opportunities are located at Copper Mountain Resort in Summit County, Colorado. 90 miles west of Denver, we are situated in the heart of Colorado's playground. All candidates must fill out an application to be considered for employment.
Can you see yourself here - Apply now!
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled