Copper Mountain Resort West Village Cafe Manager in Copper Mountain, Colorado
Job Title: West Village Cafe Manager
Job Status: Seasonal
To manage everyday business operations including but not limited to daily leadership and guidance in the development and Management of staff so as to accomplish service levels appropriate for the resort and to align with corporate goals and objectives. It is important that someone who is self-motivated, enthusiastic, organized, hold this position and has good communication skills. They must be able to use Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Timesaver Payroll applications and Micros POS. This position requires a person who can adequately accomplish buying parameters and control cost of sale, profits and losses in set budgetary parameters. This is a full time, seasonal position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Overseeing the day to day operations including but not limited to: accurate cash handling, proper maintenances of all food court equipment and repairs thereof, communication with other departments to ensure proper operation of the building, proper stocking levels for sales food and general merchandise, maintaining cleanliness, health code standards and highest possible appearance of the facility, exceptional standards of guest service. Own the Zone daily management of exterior and interior of operation.
This individual manages the financial performance of the Business Unit, including the annual operating and capital budgets to include:
- Completes the annual operating budget.
- Completes the maintenance and expansion capital budgets.
- Reviews business plans on a quarterly basis to include the review of business unit achievements toward annual goals.
- Provides financial forecasts as appropriate.
- Provides leadership to the Business Unit in the areas of cost control and revenue enhancement.
- Develop budget proposals and control expenses for the WF and assigned capital projects. Maintain accountability for actual expenditures within the scope and objective of approved budgets.
- Ensures appropriate revenue to labor goals
- Controls all cost of sales %'s in accordance to budget
- Upholds all policies and standards of the company, the division and expectations of each business unit.
- Is timely with projects and tasks, keeps high level messaging confidential and upholds high standards of business
- Standard Operating Procedures are followed at all times
- Take full ownership of the managerial role
- Must be available to both staff and guests at all times
- Lead through example in all areas of the business
- Ensure that our staff have a voice and are heard
- Promote a fun and safe work environment
- Commitment to constant awareness
- Recognize and support our staff to build retention and internal growth
- Provide the core energy for the staff to build from
- Identify and set action plans for those staff struggling to keep the pace...or appropriately document said challenges and move towards separation as policies dictate
- Separate personal and professional life as needed
- Assist in all aspects of the business from trash, dishes, serving, cashier on a regular basis.
- Coordinate events that support employee appreciation
- Speak with our guests to ensure their experience, food and service meets our standards of excellence
- Resolve guest/employee challenges in a timely manner
- Provide direction and attention to all staff regularly
- Be environmentally conscious within your business
- Meet regularly with all staff through team meetings
- Meet bi-weekly with all individual staff to ensure a strong pulse on your business
- Taste touch and benchmark your products
- Ensure all levels of food safety are conducted
- Find improvements in labor and cost saving initiatives to ensure we meet fiduciary goals
- Invite our guests back and thank our guests at all times
- Be a leader
- Oversees all reports which includes but is not limited to: daily reports, variance reports, re-forecasting reports, waste reports, labor tools, (ordering and pricing), monthly inventory, budget, and goals and objectives.
- Uphold all policies and guidelines from both the company as a whole as well as the F&B department standards
- Track, control and hold all staff accountable to company and team guidelines
- Keep records of all Hiring and termination of staff within the West Village Café.
- To keep consistent and strong communication between staff and management team.
- Uphold high levels of communication cross departmentally
- Attend all necessary training and educational classes necessary to the business
- Control all ordering/pricing appropriate to your business
Guest Service Duties:
- It is expected that all managers will uphold the highest level of guest service within the workplace. Training and holding all team members to the previously set expectations of Copper Mountain's core goals to deliver unparalleled guest service.
Other Duties as Assigned:
- This job description is an overview of the scope of responsibilities for this job and is not intended to be an inclusive list of job tasks and expectations. With the evolution of POWDR-Copper, the responsibilities of this position may change. The job must be prepared to accept new responsibilities and transfer others.
- Functions as an ambassador of Copper Mountain, modeling and sharing the Copper "culture" with our guests and employees. Upholds the most professional image. Continually strives to exceed our guest's expectations and create memories for our guests and staff.
- All salaried team members are expected to participate in the company's Front Line Assist program to assist in operations as needed, as well as to participate in Leadership events such as meetings, required trainings, and participating in employee dinners/events
- Oversee the day to day management of all employees including: the hiring, training, scheduling, discipline, termination, performance reviews and open/close responsibilities.
- Maintain on the job safety for fellow employees and guests.
- Develop and communicate to staff short and long term goals.
- Coach and train the staff to establish gold service levels.
- Track training.
- Is honest and has the highest integrity
- Is able to handle and manage confidential information
- Professional appearance. Adheres to all grooming guidelines
- Follows established policies and procedures
- Is supportive of Core Values
- Sets the example for others and is above reproach
- Is comfortable to challenge established policies and procedures, but once established, is supportive of those rules.
- Is organized in tasks. Sees projects through to the finish. Has good follow-through and makes it a habit of getting back to people on issues.
- Can handle fast paced, potentially high-pressure environment
- Is flexible with hours and days of work
- Is able to work any hours of the day, any days of the week
- Prioritizes and re-prioritizes personal time and work, to have good balance in life
- Must be able to lift and carry items up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to stand on feet for 8+ hours
- Flexible scheduling
- Ability to work in extreme temperatures
- Must be able to hear ordinary conversation
- Must have average eyesight with or without corrective lenses
- Ability to taste and smell and sense texture of food products
- Managers must be calm, flexible and able to work through emergencies to ensure everyone's safety
- Must be able to fill in any position in the unit
- Will experience the pressures of simultaneously coordinating wide range of activities
- It is the managers responsibility to resolve conflict with minimal disruption to the guests
- Managers may experience the typical minor injuries of other restaurant workers, such as muscle aches, cuts or burns, physical discomfort from moving tables and chairs and from receiving and storing daily supplies
- Managers may make minor repairs to furniture or equipment
Preferred Experience & Skills:
- College degree or equivalent experience within the area of operation
- Minimum 3+ Years prior experience in Food and Beverage Management
- Serve safe certified
- TIPS certified
- Knowledge of F&B kitchen equipment and operations
- Proven leadership skills
- Business Skills
- Strong level of health and wellness
- High level financial competency (budgets/cost of sale/revenue/sales mix analysis/Inventory mng/invoicing)
- Micros POS experience, Microsoft word, Microsoft outlook, financial reporting
- Ability to work in an incredibly faced paced food court environment
Copper Mountain, LLC is an affirmative action employer and that age 40 and over, color, disability, gender identity, genetic information, military or veteran status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation or any other applicable status protected by state or local law, are not taken into account in any employment decision. We offer competitive benefits, employee housing, and a unique work atmosphere. All of our job opportunities are located at Copper Mountain Resort in Summit County, Colorado. 90 miles west of Denver, we are situated in the heart of Colorado's playground. All candidates must fill out an application to be considered for employment.
Can you see yourself here - Apply now!
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled