POWDR Winter 20/21: Barista in Copper Mountain, Colorado
Job Title: Barista
Job Status: Seasonal
Baristas interact with guests, process orders, complete orders including waffles, pastries and coffee drinks, food preparation, food handling, cashiering, stocking, trash removal, dishwashing, cleans guest & employee areas, re-stocks the outlet for future business, and ensures the highest guest satisfaction. Weekend hours can be extended due to Village Events. Good customer service skills and the ability to juggle tasks is a must. Cashiering experience is a plus. Days will vary to include weekends and holidays.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Nametags must be worn on a daily basis
- Always on Time
- Well versed in the art of Coffee and Coffee drinks
- Always polite to our guests and employees alike
- Standard Operating Procedures will be followed at all times
- Transact sales on a POS system in an efficient and friendly manner
- Accuracy is a must, all drawers shall be within .5% or $10 whichever is greater
- The highest integrity is expected.
- All thefts will be reported immediately to a manger
- Every attempt to please the guest will be made
- Every guest will be greeted, made small talk with and thanked for coming
- Support members through teamwork and mutual respect
- Cashier shall be available to our guests and employees at all times
- Cashier processes and completes orders according to outlet recipes and procedures
- Cashier position is empowered to serve it up, fix it up with a monetary limit to be decided upon by the manager of the unit
- Verify cash drawer and reserve each and every shift before opening
- Keep cash handling area, stocked with necessary documents and clean
- Know policies regarding payments accepted
- Continually clean and organize the location.
Other Duties as Assigned:
- This job description is an overview of the scope of responsibilities for this job and is not intended to be an inclusive list of job tasks and expectations. With the evolution of POWDR-Copper, the responsibilities of this position may change. The job must be prepared to accept new responsibilities and transfer others.
- Functions as an ambassador of Copper Mountain, modeling and sharing the Copper "culture" with our guests and employees. Upholds the most professional image. Continually strives to exceed our guest's expectations and create memories for our guests and staff.
- Cashiers work as a team with other associates on daily basis.
- Respect for co-workers is essential.
- Is honest and has the highest integrity
- Is able to handle and manage confidential information
- Professional appearance. Adheres to all grooming guidelines
- Follows established policies and procedures
- Is supportive of Core Values
- Sets the example for others and is above reproach
- Is comfortable to challenge established policies and procedures, but once established, is supportive of those rules.
- Is organized in tasks. Sees projects through to the finish. Has good follow-through and makes it a habit of getting back to people on issues.
- Can handle fast paced, potentially high-pressure environment
- Is flexible with hours and days of work
- Is able to work any hours of the day, any days of the week
- Prioritizes and re-prioritizes personal time and work, to have good balance in life
- Must be fluent in English
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work calmly in a high stress environment
- Must be able to multi task, prioritize and organize
- Must be able to lift and carry items up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, any times or days needed
- Ability to lift and carry loads of up to 50 pounds
- Ability to negotiate stairs
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and written
- Must be able to hear normal conversations in a busy, crowded environment
- Vision must be within normal range to work safely and to read written information
- Must have the dexterity to use all equipment and utensils normally associated with this position
- Must own non-slip shoes
Preferred Experience and Special Skills:
- Previous coffee shop experience not required but is advantageous
- Training will be provided for relevant outlet equipment.
- TIPS certification preferable, may be obtained after employment
Copper Mountain, LLC is an affirmative action employer and that age 40 and over, color, disability, gender identity, genetic information, military or veteran status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation or any other applicable status protected by state or local law, are not taken into account in any employment decision. We offer competitive benefits, employee housing, and a unique work atmosphere. All of our job opportunities are located at Copper Mountain Resort in Summit County, Colorado. 90 miles west of Denver, we are situated in the heart of Colorado's playground. All candidates must fill out an application to be considered for employment.
Can you see yourself here - Apply now!
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled