Copper Mountain Resort Woodward Copper Barn Coach in Copper Mountain, Colorado
Job Title: Woodward Copper Barn Coach
Job Status: Seasonal
Position includes overseeing guests in Barn Private Lessons, and Barn activities/Events. The Barn is an indoor training facility containing trampolines, Skatelite, foam pits, a spring floor, and skate/bmx/inline features. Primary focus is working with guests to provide a unique training experience for snowboarders and skiers through safe trampoline, tumbling, Skatelite, and terrain park (on to snow) progressions. Applicants must have 2+ years of experience teaching snowboarding, skiing, or gymnastics, must have trampoline teaching and spotting experience, as well as impeccable safety record.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participate in training for coaches through spotting, technique and progression clinics in the Barn
- Create and uphold a safe learning environment for employees and guests
- Overseeing participants in the Barn to ensure safety standards and proper skill progressions are being upheld
- Serve as a coach teaching snowboard and ski-specific skill progressions on trampolines and Skatelite
- Identify and execute maintenance of features and equipment inside the Woodward Copper Barn as needed
- Perform daily routine maintenance inside the Woodward Copper Barn, which may include cleaning, shoveling, lifting, and other manual tasks
- Suggest improvements and make recommendations to support the Woodward Copper experience
- Ability to work with a group of coaches to accomplish the Woodward Copper goals
- Outgoing demeanor and a willingness to act as an ambassador for trampoline safety while, embracing the "never ever" clientele, as well as a role model for kids and teens
- Work closely with Supervisor to continually train to the Woodward Copper coaching model
- Uphold the highest standard of professionalism as a member of the Woodward Copper coaching staff
- Strong team player with proven team play skills and experience
- Ability to communicate effectively and motivate kids, teens, and adults
- Ability to communicate effectively with parents, address guest complaints, and resolve problems
- Maintain a positive relationship with Copper Mountain Inc. and Village at Copper employees, parents, public, and other members of the Copper Mountain community
- Assist in the Burton ParkBoard TM Snowboards and ParkSki TM Skiis maintenance project.
- Access RTP to check schedule for the week.
- Clock in and out on a timeclock located in the Barn.
Other Duties as Assigned:
- This job description is an overview of the scope of responsibilities for this job and is not intended to be an inclusive list of job tasks and expectations. With the evolution of POWDR-Copper, the responsibilities of this position may change. The job must be prepared to accept new responsibilities and transfer others.
- Functions as an ambassador of Copper Mountain, modeling and sharing the Copper "culture" with our guests and employees. Upholds the most professional image. Continually strives to exceed our guest's expectations and create memories for our guests and staff.
- Is honest and has the highest integrity
- Is able to handle and manage confidential information
- Professional appearance. Adheres to all grooming guidelines
- Follows established policies and procedures
- Is supportive of Core Values
- Sets the example for others and is above reproach
- Is comfortable to challenge established policies and procedures, but once established, is supportive of those rules.
- Is organized in tasks. Sees projects through to the finish. Has good follow-through and makes it a habit of getting back to people on issues.
- Can handle fast paced, potentially high-pressure environment
- Is flexible with hours and days of work
- Is able to work any hours of the day, any days of the week
- Prioritizes and re-prioritizes personal time and work, to have good balance in life
- Must be able to lift and carry items up to 50 lbs.
- Due to the sensitive nature of this position, a criminal background check will be conducted after position is accepted.
- This background check will be done in accordance with standards enacted under the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
- High School degree or equivalent
- Bending, reaching, climbing
- Prolonged standing
- Confined sitting
- Eye/hand coordination
- Visual concentration on equipment
- Rapid reaction to physical changes (operating equipment)
- Peripheral, color, and depth vision
- Variation in temperature from hot to cold
- Skiing/ Snowboarding Level: Advanced
Preferred Experience & Skills:
- Must have 2+ years of experience teaching snowboarding, skiing, or trampoline
- Must have 2+ years of experience teaching gymnastics and/or trampoline to snowboarders and skiers
- Must have 5+ years of experience working with kids and/or teens
- Must have in depth knowledge of freestyle skiing and snowboarding tricks, trampoline progressions, terminology, and beginner teaching
- Must have strong spotting skills
- USASA or USSA coaching certification is preferred
- Experience working with a private Club, Team or Academy is preferred
- Experience working in a Camp environment is preferred
- College degree or equivalent preferred
- Must provide a letter of recommendation and 3 work related references
- Safety/Risk Management certification from USAG preferred
- CPR/First Aid certification preferred
Copper Mountain, LLC is an affirmative action employer and that age 40 and over, color, disability, gender identity, genetic information, military or veteran status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation or any other applicable status protected by state or local law, are not taken into account in any employment decision. We offer competitive benefits, employee housing, and a unique work atmosphere. All of our job opportunities are located at Copper Mountain Resort in Summit County, Colorado. 90 miles west of Denver, we are situated in the heart of Colorado's playground. All candidates must fill out an application to be considered for employment.
Can you see yourself here - Apply now!
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled