The Salvation Army Cook in Denver, Colorado
07080 Cook 8.6.20
The Salvation Army is seeking a full time Cook who is responsible for assisting in the food service operations of our program, under the direction of the Food Service Director. This includes assisting in the supervision and coordination of volunteers and residents, stocking, meal preparation, maintenance of food-related equipment and physical space. Handling food preparation for our Men’s Shelter program. In the absence of the Food Service Director, the Cook will be responsible for assuming his duties. Flexible work schedule. This is a full-time, hourly, non-exempt position.
• Education and/or work experience commensurate with the duties and responsibilities required.
• Obtain a Food Handler’s Card and be responsible for following all guidelines of the food handler’s manual.
• Ability to speak and write the English language with professional level skill is required.
• Experience in cooking on an institutional scale preferred
• Experience in events/banquets
• Knowledge in portion control and ability to follow recipes
• Be able to assist in the training & hygiene of all kitchen volunteers
• Strong self-starter, able to carry on with minimal supervision
• Ability to work well with others
• Ability to have a flexible schedule
• The individual must show respect for other employees, associates, clients, and the goals and objectives of The Salvation Army.
To apply, please visit our website,www.imsalvationarmy.org or provide a letter of introduction and resume to Linda Covert (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)