Kimpton Hotels Housekeeping Supervisor in Denver, Colorado
Hotel Monaco Denver
Our mission is to be the best loved Hotel & Restaurant Company so regardless of position, we look for individuals who are passionate about providing genuine heartfelt care to our guest and employees.
What you get to do: To inspect and maintain the cleanliness and physical condition of the hotel guest rooms, meeting rooms, hallways and public areas.
- Prepare inspection report with the status of all guest rooms at the beginning of the shift. This includes all guest requests, out of order rooms, and show rooms for the day.
- Inspect all guest check-out rooms for cleanliness, appropriate guest amenities, and the correct working condition of all guest room equipment.
- Report any substandard conditions of the guest room to the Housekeeping department.
- Report any damage or problems with the guest room and room equipment using a Maintenance work order and routing the work order to the Maintenance department.
- Evaluate Room Cleaners on their job performance according to the hotel standards. When necessary take appropriate action (retraining, etc.) to ensure that their job performance is at a high quality level.
- Communicate to the Front Desk all vacant and clean rooms, the completion of guest requests, and room status discrepancies. The Front Desk will give the Inspectress all room moves, late check-outs, and additional guest requests for appropriate follow-up action by the Inspectress.
- Answer the Housekeeping department's telephone using friendly and proper telephone techniques. The Inspectress will help the calling guests with special requests, information, and status of Lost & Found items.
- Interact with the hotel's guests in a friendly, positive manner as a solution to their needs and a solution to any of their problems. The Inspectress will often act as a liaison between the guest and the room cleaner.
- Check the hotel's PMS computer for information concerning room status and to enter updated room status.
Close the Housekeeping office at the end of the shift including:
Collecting all Lost & Found items, entering the information in the Lost & Found Log, and securing the items in a locked cabinet.
- Collecting the room cleaners assignment sheets and confirming the room status.
- Confirming the work schedule with the room cleaners for the following day.
- Collecting the room cleaners floor keys and securing them in the locked key cabinet.
- Completing a written Housekeeping report of all the hotel's guest room status for the Front Desk at the end of the shift.
- Filing all daily report forms in the file cabinet.
- Securing the Housekeeping office and locking the door when departing for the day.
Specific experience we're seeking:
- A high school diploma and one or more years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Housekeeping supervisory or related job experience preferred.
- Able to communicate effectively in primary languages, both written and verbal, preferred.
- Flexible schedule, able to work mornings, nights, holidays and weekends.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Prior experience required. Depending on the role degree may be required.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read, write, and verbally communicate effectively and professionally with other business departments, guests, and vendors. Ability to diplomatically deal with difficult situations and people, while exhibiting a consistent level of professionalism.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, or telephone. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10-25 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
(Please note: management reserves the right to change, modify, and/or alter any of the duties listed above to meet business demands).