University of Denver Food & Beverage Manager, Highlands Ranch Golf Course in Highlands Ranch, Colorado
The University of Denver has a proud athletic tradition that compliments the schools academic endeavors. In its history, DU has won 28 national championships and enables student-athletes to compete on 17 Division 1 teams. The Pioneers pursue championships, excel academically, and represent both the University and their respective conferences to the best of their abilities.
The Food and Beverage Manager is responsible for leading and managing the food and beverage operation for the golf club. This includes daily restaurant operations, bar service, cart service, tournament fulfillment, and special event operations. The position is responsible for servicing all customers within the golf club and also maximizing the profit within the food and beverage operation. The position also ensures that the kitchen, bar and restaurant facilities meets and adheres to all codes and licenses and that all presentation of facilities, food and beverage are presented in a quality way.
- Daily food service operations in order to provide quality products including: menu evaluation and planning, purchasing, inventory, receiving, food preparation, control and storage.
- Maintains and implements sanitary and food safety conditions and training to adhere to auditing procedures and statutory regulations.
- Accountable for the execution of product and service quality by maintaining highest level of delivery.
- Prepares and updates statistical reports to ensure compliance with federal, state, and local regulations.
- Maintains kitchen and storage facilities to meet/exceed sanitary conditions; monitors internal quality assurance and food safety audit process.
- Establishes policies and procedures for delivery of superior food and beverage product/service which exceed the customer expectations.
- Manages the entire beverage service including the restaurant and beverage cart service.
- Ensures that customer’s needs are met through the selection and quality of offerings as well as ensuring that customers are offered beverages during play.
- Provides menu offerings and pricing for tournament and special event offerings that meet the needs of clients and provide a fiscal return to the golf club.
- Executes these offerings to provide the best experience possible.
- Provides team leadership by ensuring cohesiveness and service excellence through hiring, training and review of employees.
- Creates an effective and efficient work schedule to maximize productivity and deliver service excellence.
- Manages by providing positive and constructive feedback to employees in order to reward, coach, correct, and motivate.
- Supervises day-to-day work activities by delegating authority, assigning and prioritizing activities, and monitoring operating budget.
- Provides training to all staff on service excellence, food preparation and delivery, alcohol management (TIPS), and other items as needed.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Culinary offerings.
- Food safety procedures.
- Alcohol beverage control procedures.
- Applicable Health Codes for Food and Beverage Operation.
- Excellent sanitation and safety skills.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Special event planning and execution.
- High school diploma.
- 5+ Years of food and beverage operations and management experience.
- Alcohol License Assignment.
- TIPS Certified.
- Culinary and hospitality certifications.
- Bachelor's degree in hospitality management.
- SafeServe training and certification.
- Experience with CPS! reservations.
- Experience with a golf facility food and beverage.
Work Schedule The golf course is open 7 days a week. The person must be available to work weekends.
Special Instructions Candidates must apply online through jobs.du.edu to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
Salary Range Salary will be determined by the qualifications of the selected candidate balanced with departmental budget availability, internal salary equity considerations, and available market information.
Please include the following documents with your application: 1. Resume 2. Cover Letter
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, military/ veteran status or any other status protected by law.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.
Job no: 493124
Work type: Staff Full-Time
Location: Highlands Ranch, CO
Categories: Golf Course, Athletics / Recreation
Advertised: June 29, 2020
Applications close: Open until filled