Anthem Memory Care Activities Assistant in Littleton, Colorado
Schedule: Thur-Sat 9:30-5:00:
General Statement of Position:
Works together with the Life Engagement Director to ensure that activities services are available and provided to the residents to help fulfill their basic psychological, social and spiritual needs.
The following duties are normal for this position. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
- Provide daily encouragement to residents for involvement in activities available via verbal invitations and reminders. This should include both group and individual activities.
- Provide transportation and directions to/from activities residents are interested in.
- Provide leadership and direction with activities such as; games, exercise, socials, flower arranging and crafts. Will assist in leading activities as assigned by supervisor..
- Maintain a record of residents activities involvement. Evaluate residents reactions during activities and report unusual observations to the Life Engagement Director or nursing staff along with documenting behavioral problems and/or changes.
- Assist Life Engagement Director in completing Initial Interest Forms and help provide activities orientation to new residents.
- Requisition and may purchase supplies, equipment, and materials as assigned to do so by Life Engagement Director to carry out programs.
- Provide assistance in keeping the activities areas orderly and decorated appropriately.
- Provides driving assistance when going on outings. Helps load/unload activities bus during outings.
- May be required to perform tours and/or answer questions regarding residents and programs at the community.
- Ensure that all items are purchased, prepared and set up for happy-hours.
- Attend and participate in meetings and/or training in areas related to activities and resident rights.
- Assist Life Engagement Director in ensuring that residents activity needs are being met via 1:1 visitation, encouraging intellectual and educational development through literature, movies, cultural events, and some form of stimulus in the rooms of the residents who are unable to leave their rooms.
- Assist in delivering mail and packages to residents.
- Ensure all required paperwork is completed accurately and timely by state requirements.
- Performs all other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Work Experience and Certification:
- Must possess leadership abilities and have previously worked with geriatric residents.
- Must have tact, patience, a cheerful disposition and be enthusiastic.
- Must also have organizational and time management skills.