Blackstone Consulting Cook II in USAFA, Colorado
Certificate in food handling/sanitation methods, or ServSafe certified preferred. Good customer service skills. Must have solid worth ethics.
Demonstrated history of related Food Service experience preferably with a major institution or the military as a Cook.
• Prepares and cooks to order foods requiring short preparation time.
• Reads food order or receives verbal instructions on food required by patron, and prepares and cooks food according to instructions.
• Typically, performs fast food cooking duties in preparing food items to be served to customers.
• Provides the highest quality of service to customers at all times.
• Follows basic recipes and/or product directions for preparing, seasoning, cooking, tasting, carving and serving soups, meats, vegetables, desserts and other foodstuffs for consumption in eating establishments.
• Prepares foods by operating a variety of kitchen equipment to measure and mix ingredients, washing, peeling, cutting and shredding fruits and vegetables, and trimming and cutting meat, poultry or fish for culinary use.
• Tastes products, reads menus, estimates food requirements, checks production, and keeps records in order to accurately plan production requirements and requisition supplies and equipment.
• May select recipes per menu cycle, prepare bakery items, receive inventory, move and lift foodstuffs and supplies and prepare meals for customers requiring special diets.
• May clean and sanitize work stations and equipment and must follow all BCI, client and regulatory rules and procedures.
Applies basic skills and may develop skills appropriate for the position. Focuses primarily on own area of specialty. Good working knowledge of food preparation. Requires familiarity of kitchen equipment, including but not limited to, knife, forks, measuring utensils, pots, pans, etc. Typically requires limited cooking experience.
• Lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
• Stands and moves within the kitchen area for 6 to 7 hours (excluding break and lunch periods)
- Adhere to the Company rules and regulations as set forth in the employee handbook.
Nothing in this job description restricts management s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.